DESIO LENS FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQ)
- GENERAL INFORMATION
WHAT IS DESIO?
Desio® is a luxury brand of color contact lenses. Desio® lenses are manufactured by the Italian company, Qualimed srl. The lens design is patented and the brand is registered worldwide.
WHAT IS DESIOLENS.COM?
DesioLens.com is an exclusive, worldwide, online store.
WHO CAN ORDER FROM DESIOLENS.COM?
- Customers who have had a proper eye check and know they can tolerate contact lenses are welcome to buy from our site.
- U.S residents, please note that the American Food and Drug Administration (FDA) requires that all contact lenses (including both Plano and power) are sold only on the prescription of a licensed practitioner.
- Customers residing outside of the United States who order prescription lenses must also submit their contact lens prescription once a year when ordering.
- If you reside outside of the United States and do not require prescription lenses, you will still need to confirm that you have visited an Eye Care Specialist and he or she has approved your use of contact lenses.
- For instructions on how to order, please click on the following link: how to order
DO YOU HAVE ANY LOCAL STORES WHERE I CAN PURCHASE DESIO LENSES?
Please click on the following to take you to our store locator.
- WHAT YOU SHOULD KNOW BEFORE BUYING
HOW DO I ORDER DESIO LENSES?
For instructions on how to order, please click on the following link: how to order
DO YOU HAVE ANY LOCAL STORES WHERE I CAN PURCHASE DESIO LENSES?
Please click on the following to take you to our store locator.
ARE DESIO LENSES ONLY COSMETIC, OR CAN THEY BE ORDERED WITH A PRESCRIPTION?
- Desio lenses are produced for those who only want to change the color of their iris, as well as for those who have acuity problems, such as myopia (nearsightedness), hyperopia (farsightedness) and astigmatism. Please consult with your Eye Care Specialist prior to determine whether you need prescription lenses or not.
- Plano lenses are lenses with power 0.00, for those customers with 20/20 acuity vision, who only want to change the color of their iris.
- Power lenses are for customers with myopia (negative powers) or hyperopia (positive powers).
- Toric lenses are for customers with astigmatism. These orders must be specially produced for a customer after ordering (custom made on preorder).
Important note for toric orders: Prescription is mandatory for Toric orders
Toric orders are final and CANNOT be modified once they are placed. This is because toric lenses are custom made.
Please note the production time for toric lenses could take up to 5 weeks.
ARE DESIO LENSES CERTIFIED?
Desio lenses have obtained the following certifications:
- FDA 510K
- CE Mark
- EN ISO 9001:08
- EN ISO 13485:03
- MOH Free sales certificate
- Other local countries approvals
HOW DO I ATTACH MY PRESCRIPTION?
- Customers can either upload their prescriptions during the registration process or by logging into their accounts afterward. To upload from your Desio account, log into your account and from the Dashboard click on ‘Account Information’ (located on the left-hand side menu), and underneath ‘Additional Information’ click the upload button to attach the file.
- Prescriptions must be issued from a licensed practitioner and include the eye doctor’s contact information, the customers name, a valid expiry date and the parameters of the customers eyes.
HOW MANY COLORS ARE AVAILABLE?
- New Sensual Beauty Lenses collection: Eight shades (quarterly lenses).
- Two Shades of Grey Collection: Two shades (quarterly lenses).
- Coffee Collection: Four shades (quarterly lenses).
- Attitude Collection - Monthly (1 tone): Four shades.
- Attitude Collection - Quarterly (2 tones): Four shades.
- Attitude Collection - Quarterly (3 tones): Four shades.
- As the color blends with your natural eye colour, we recommend you visit our BEFORE AND AFTER section prior to purchasing.
WHAT RANGE OF PRESCRIPTIONS ARE AVAILABLE?Quarterly lenses
All our quarterly lenses are available with or without correction.
Spherical powers are available from -13.00 to +6.00.
Toric lenses for astigmatism:
- Plano (power: 0.00)
- Myopia lenses (nearsightedness) from -0.50 to -13.00
- Hyperopia lenses (farsightedness) from +0.50 up to +6.00.
- Power/Sphere/Diopter: from 0.00 up to -10.00 and from + 0.50 up to +3.00
- Cylinder: from -0.50 up to -3.00 (in 0.25 steps)
- Axis: from 10° to 180° (in 10°).
Monthly lenses are available with or without correction. Only Spherical powers are available from -8.00 to +4.00.
WHAT MATERIAL ARE DESIO LENSES?
Desio lenses are made from Polymacon (38% water content) or Hioxifilcon D (54% water content).
ARE DESIO LENSES ONE SIZE FITS ALL?
Contact lenses are not one size fits all.
It is essential to check with your Eye Care Specialist whether these parameters are suitable for your eyes before purchasing the lenses (these parameters cannot be changed).
Collections Diameter Base Curve Sensual Beauty lenses 14.5 mm 8.7 mm Two Shades of Grey 14.5 mm 8.7 mm Coffee Collection 14.5 mm 8.7 mm Attitude Quarterly - 3 tones 14.4 mm 8.7 mm Attitude Quarterly - 2 tones 14.5 mm 8.7 mm Attitude Monthly - 1 tone 14.3 mm 8.6 mm
WHAT IF I HAVE DIFFERENT POWERS FOR EACH OF MY EYES IN MY PRESCRIPTION?
If you have different parameters for each eye in your prescription, you will need to order two boxes. One with your left eye correction and the second with your right eye correction. Unfortunately, we cannot open the original packaging and mix your prescriptions. Please select the box "I need 2 different powers” to be able to select both corrections.
I HAVE ASTIGMATISM, CAN I ORDER DESIO LENSES?
Desio toric lenses are currently available in the quarterly lenses collections:
- New Sensual Beauty Lenses Collection:
- Two Shades of Grey Collection
- Coffee Collection
- The Attitude quarterly 2 tones Collection
- The Attitude quarterly 3 tones Collection
WHAT IS INCLUDED IN EACH BOX OF DESIO LENSES?
Each box of quarterly disposable lenses contains two lenses of the same power and color, stored in separate blisters with sterile saline solution.
Each box of monthly disposable lenses contains two lenses of the same power and color, stored in separate blisters with sterile saline solution.
Lenses are also accompanied by a color guide and correct usage information
WHERE CAN I PURCHASE A DESIO LENS CASE?
All Desio disposable lens orders are shipped with a free Desio branded lens case.
CAN I PURCHASE DESIO CONTACT LENS SOLUTION?
- DesioLens.com does not sell contact lenses solution. You must purchase this from your local retailer.
- You can use any kind of all-in-one solution for soft contact lenses. Please choose well as contact lens solutions can also determinate the comfort of the lens.
HOW MUCH DO DESIO LENSES COST?
- The price for Attitude Monthly Collection- 1 tone lenses is 39€.
- The price for Attitude Quarterly collection - 2 tones is 49€
- The price for Attitude Quarterly collection - 3 tones is 59€
- The price for Sensual Beauty Lenses, Two Shades of Grey and Coffee Collection lenses is 42€.
- The price for New Sensual Beauty Lenses, Two Shades of Grey and Coffee Collection Toric lenses which are not kept in stock, but produced on request is 80€.
- The price for Attitude 2 tone Toric lenses which are not kept in stock, but produced on request is 89€.
- The price for Attitude 3 tone Toric lenses which are not kept in stock, but produced on request is 99€.
- All prices are in euros as Qualimed is based in Italy. Please note PayPal will automatically convert the total cost into your local currency before asking you to confirm payment.
WHAT PAYMENT METHODS DO YOU ACCEPT?
- DesioLens.com accepts payment either by credit card or from a PayPal account.
I CANNOT DECIDE WHICH COLOR(S) TO PURCHASE, CAN I RECEIVE A FREE SAMPLE(S) TO TEST THE LENSES PRIOR TO PURCHASING?
- Unfortunately, we do not provide free samples.
- The best advice we can offer you is to please check out our Instagram page. There you can look for pictures of real customers with a similar eye color to yours and check out their before and after pictures prior to purchasing.
HOW LONG CAN I WEAR DESIO LENSES?
The collections stated below are quarterly disposable lenses. You can wear them for three months, daily, from the time the blister is opened. It is recommended that they are disposed of after the three month period.
- New Sensual Beauty Lenses Collection .
- Two Shades of Grey Collection.
- Coffee Collection.
- Attitude Quarterly collection - 2 tones
- Attitude Quarterly collection - 3 tones
The Attitude Monthly Collection - 1 tone lenses are monthly disposable contacts.
All unopened Desio lenses sealed in the blister with saline solution have a shelf life of five years from the time of their original production date. The exact expiration date is printed on the back of the packaging.
It is recommended that the lenses are disposed of after the wearing period mentioned above to avoid the risk of contracting ulcerous keratitis.
CAN I SLEEP WITH DESIO LENSES?
No, it is not advisable to sleep with any kind of contact lenses. Your eyes must rest during sleep. Please remove your Desio lenses before sleeping and put them in some lens solution or dispose of.
- ALL ABOUT SHIPPING
TO WHICH COUNTRIES DOES DESIOLENS.COM DELIVER?
DesioLens.com ships internationally, to all countries (with the exception of Bolivia, Somalia, Turkey, Vatican City, Venezuela, Yemen, and Israel - due to custom issues otherwise it seems that we are having issue with those countries). We also do not ship to Italy, Czech Republic and Slovakia, we welcome those residents to visit www.desiolens.eu
HOW MUCH DOES SHIPPING COST?
DesioLens.com offers numerous shipping methods.
- Registered mail: FREE delivery via registered international mail (post) on orders over 60€ to all countries except Canada where we offer FREE Packet Tracked service. This provides the customer with an online tracking code and may require a signature upon delivery.
- Packet tracked: For a fee of 8€, residents of Europe, Australia, Brazil, Canada, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Japan, Lebanon, Malaysia, New Zealand, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, Thailand, may receive this service (does not requires signature upon delivery but provides a full tracking). This service is Free on orders over 60€ shipped to Canada, as Canadian customers cannot choose registered mail.
- Express shipping: 10€, 15€ or 20€ depending on territory, express shipping is available in the following countries, European Community, the United Arab Emirates, Australia, Canada, Lebanon, United States, New Zealand, Saudi Arabia.
Please visit our Shipping and Tracking page for further details.
IS A SIGNATURE REQUIRED FOR ALL DELIVERIES?
- No, however with registered mail it is as with some express shipment, if no authorized recipient is available to sign for the parcel, a notice will be left and the parcel held at their local office for a limited time, awaiting collection.
- If you do not receive a notification, you can still go to your local post office and claim the parcel by quoting its tracking code. Please track your parcel sporadically.
- Please note Express shipping and packed tracked does not require a signature in certain countries.
WHAT IS THE DISPATCH TIME FOR THE DATE OF MY ORDER?
- All Plano and Power Desio lenses are dispatched within five business days.
- Custom made toric lenses for astigmatism have an estimated dispatch time up to five weeks from the date of being placed in production.
- Dispatch days are Monday through Friday and do not include weekends and public holidays. We cannot offer any guarantee and the dispatch time indicated is approximate.
HOW LONG BEFORE I RECEIVE MY LENS ORDER?
Delivery times will vary depending on your location. After a parcel has been dispatched, the average delivery time with Registered Mail is:
- Europe: 8-15 business days
- United States/Canada: 15-20 business days
- Other Countries: 20-30 business days
Please note delivery times are APPROXIMATE and not exact.
HOW CAN I TRACE MY SHIPMENT?
- Parcels sent as registered mail must be initially tracked via the Dutch Post website. Once the parcel passed inbound customs, customers must continue to track the parcel via their local postal service.
- For a list of these countries, please visit our TRACKING section.
- Important note: the tracking code remains the same throughout the journey.
WHAT IF MY PARCEL IS RETURNED TO DESIO'S HEADQUARTERS?
- Desio will notify customers via email if a parcel has been returned to our headquarters in Italy (might take many weeks before your parcel returns back), informing them of their reshipping options.
- If a Purchaser submits a wrong or insufficient delivery address which causes a return of the product to us, or the item is unclaimed, the Purchaser agrees to pay 12€(/20€ with express shipping) to desiolens.com for reshipping and repacking (desiolens.com agrees to cover the shipping charge only once - full reimbursement is not permitted).
- In the event that a parcel is returned to our headquarters and the customer requests a refund, the customer is responsible the initial shipping and handling fees of 12€ or 20€ depending on the shipping method initially selected.
FOR WHAT REASON WOULD A SHIPMENT BE RETURNED TO DESIOLENS.COM?
A parcel may be returned for the following reasons:
- The recipient’s address is unknown.
- The receiver’s name is not stated on the mailbox.
- The delivery address supplied at the time of ordering was incorrect.
- No authorized recipient was available to sign for the parcel and the customer did not collect their goods from their post office in the allotted time.
- Another reason that is out of our responsibility.
- AFTER ORDERING INFORMATION
I HAVE DIFFICULTY LOGGING INTO MY DESIO ACCOUNT, WHAT CAN I DO?
Please visit the LOG IN page and use the ‘Forgot Your Password’ facility to automatically generate an email to you with your new password.
WHAT IF I NEED SOME INFORMATION ABOUT MY ORDER?
Simply log into your Desio account and under your ‘Account Dashboard’ will appear a complete list of recent orders. From here it is possible to check whether the order has been dispatched and if a tracking code is available.
THERE IS AN ERROR WITH THE DELIVERY ADDRESS I PROVIDED, CAN I UPDATE THE DELIVERY ADDRESS OF AN EXISTING ORDER?
You must log into your Desio account and raise a ticket via the ‘Help Desk’ requesting to cancel and refund your order as the delivery address cannot be changed. However once a parcel has been dispatched from Desio’s warehouse it is no longer possible to cancel your order.
I'VE ALREADY PLACED MY ORDER BUT NOW I WANT TO CHANGE THE COLOR AND/OR PRESCRIPTION, IS THAT POSSIBLE?
You can log into your Desio account and raise a ticket via the ‘Help Desk’ requesting to cancel and refund your order as the parameters cannot be changed once submitted.
I LOST MY DISPATCH CONFIRMATION EMAIL, WHERE CAN I FIND MY TRACKING CODE?
- Once your order has been shipped, you will receive a confirmation email which includes your tracking number as proof the consignment was sent. It is necessary to wait a few days before tracking your order as all data must be uploaded by the postal system. Parcels are sent via the the Dutch (NL) Post must initially be tracked via the Dutch Post (NL) website
- If you have lost this code, simply log into your Desio account and click on the relevant order to view its tracking code.
THE ONLINE TRACKING INFORMATION FOR MY ORDER INDICATES THERE IS A PROBLEM WITH THE DELIVERY OF MY PARCEL, WHAT CAN I DO?
- Please ensure that you have checked the parcel’s tracking code status on both the Dutch (NL) Post and your local postal service tracking website. As per our terms and conditions Purchasers agree to track their own orders.
- Also please check that your local postal service has not left a notice to say they attempted a delivery.
- Occasionally parcels are held up at customs or delayed due to special events such as Christmas, however if there has been no change in status for more than two weeks, please log into your Desio account and raise a ticket via the ‘Help Desk’ requesting a status update and Desio will investigate the matter for you.
MY PARCEL ARRIVED IN THE POST BUT DOES NOT MATCH WHAT I HAVE ORDERED, WHAT CAN I DO?
- Please contact us within seven days from the receipt of your shipment, by logging into your Desio account and raising a ticket via the ‘Help Desk’ to say that you have received an incorrect order and supply photographic evidence of the received.
- A customer service representative will then respond to your query as soon as possible.
CAN I SLEEP WITH DESIO LENSES?
No, it is not advisable to sleep with any kind of contact lenses. Your eyes must rest during sleep. Please remove your Desio lenses before sleeping and put them in a lens case submerged in lens solution.
THE LENSES ARE MOVING ON MY CORNEA, WHAT CAN I DO?
Please ensure that the lenses are not inside-out, as this is one of the most common causes of movement on the eye. If the lenses are inverted, simply flip them inside-out and give them a good wash before reapplying.
THE LENSES SEEM TOO BIG OR TOO SMALL FOR ME, WHAT COULD BE THE CAUSE?
- There two possibilities why the lenses seem to big or too small. Firstly, the lenses may have become inverted and are not sitting correctly on your eye. This can be resolved by flipping them inside-out and giving them a good wash before reapplying.
- Another possibility is that the parameters of the Desio lenses are not suitable for your eyes and you require a different diameter and or base curve. Unfortunately we cannot replace the lens or issue a refund if the parameters you have ordered are not suitable for your eyes (as per our terms and conditions).
I WOULD LIKE TO EXCHANGE MY LENSES BECAUSE I WANTED TO ORDER A DIFFERENT COLOR OR CORRECTION, HOW CAN I DO THIS?
- It is possible to return any unopened boxes for an exchange (provided they are not toric lenses as these are custom made and are not eligible for an exchange). You can log into your Desio account and raise a ticket via the ‘Help Desk’ requesting our return procedures. Please note this requires the Purchaser to pay to have the lenses returned to our headquarters in Italy, as well as a standard reshipping fee, depending on chosen shipping method.
- If the lenses box has been opened, the product cannot be exchanged or refunded.
- Exchanges will only be accepted on orders received by the customer within the previous 30 days.
I AM EXPERIENCING DISCOMFORT WHILE WEARING THE LENSES, WHAT CAN I DO?
Please ensure that you have washed the lens properly and check that they are not inside-out, as these are the most common causes of discomfort. If the lenses are inverted, simply flip them inside-out and give them a good wash before reapplying. You can use any kind of all-in-one solution with your lenses.
THERE IS A DEFECT WITH THE LENSES, WHAT ARE YOUR RETURN PROCEDURES?
- We sincerely apologise in the unfortunate event that you received factory defective lenses.
- Please note we will exchange factory defective lenses free of charge. As per our terms and conditions, defective contact lenses may only be exchanged for the exact same lens model, color and prescription.
- Customer must log log into your Desio account and raise a ticket via the ‘Help Desk’ within 7 business days of receiving the parcel to state that there is a defect with the lenses you received. A customer service representative will then provide you with our return procedures.
- Please note the costs of returning the goods to us will be paid by the Purchaser.
- MARKETING AND PROMOTIONS
DO YOU SUPPLY COUPON DISCOUNTS?
Desio occasionally offers discounts for special promotions or occasions.
WHEN WILL BE YOUR NEXT PROMOTION?
Please keep an eye on our various social media sites (Instagram and Facebook) for information on future promotions as it becomes available.
I'M AN OPTICIAN OR OPTOMETRIST WITH A SHOP AND I WANT TO SELL DESIO CONTACT LENSES. WHAT SHOULD I DO?
If you are interested in selling Desio contact lenses, please contact Qualimed srl at email@example.com.
I'M A DISTRIBUTOR OF CONTACT LENSES AND I'M INTERESTED IN DISTRIBUTING DESIO IN MY COUNTRY, WHAT SHOULD I DO?
Kindly contact Qualimed srl at firstname.lastname@example.org and provide an electronic copy of your business profile.
I'M A BLOGGER WITH A YOUTUBE CHANNEL OR OTHER SOCIAL MEDIA NETWORKS AND I'D LIKE TO REVIEW DESIO LENSES, WHAT SHOULD I DO?
Kindly contact the Marketing Department of Qualimed SRL by emailing email@example.com.
IMPORTANT NOTE: these email addresses are for business enquiries only. General enquiries will not be answered via email. General enquiries must be submitted via the ‘Help Desk’ ticketing system, accessible by logging into your account.